What We Do.
Awesense helps electric utilities improve grid efficiency by finding energy losses due to theft, errors and inefficiency. These losses cost in the billions worldwide and have a significant impact on greenhouse gasses. Awesense addresses this issue with an integrated system of IoT sensors and grid analytics software that provide true intelligence into the distribution grid. Our system places a special emphasis on risk-based identification of losses, and has a proven track record cutting losses in half within 3 years. We have customers around the world using our solutions.
What You Will Do.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team that builds and maintains our Raptor sensors, with specific responsibility for the continuous improvement and adaptation of released products.
Why Join Us?
Because what we do makes a difference. We develop products that help utility companies around the world save wasted energy, reduce C02 emissions, and increase public and worker safety. We were recently awarded Smart Grid Canada's 2015 Innovation Award and BC's top emerging 'Green' Company. Gartner named Awesense a Cool Vendor in Energy & Utilities for 2016.
What Does the Job Look Like?
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team building our next generation of Raptors and you will have responsibility across all stages of continuous engineering. Your high level of initiative and exceptional problem solving skills will enable you to help bring our products to market.
- Meet with commercial stakeholders to determine priorities and establish requirements for product improvements;
- Implement product improvements including new features, quality or manufacturability enhancements, cost reduction and resolving supply chain issues;
- Implement test plans, verify and validate changes as appropriate;
- Prepare change orders and BOMs for release to manufacturing;
- Co-ordinate all actions in parallel with new product development program.
- BSCEE or MSCEE or relevant work experience;
- At least 3 years of hardware design experience at a product development company;
- Proven capabilities in design and troubleshooting of analog and digital electronic circuits including PCB design;
- Proficiency with schematic capture, circuit simulation, and PCB layout software;
- Proficiency in using lab equipment including pattern generator, logic analyzer and oscilloscopes;
- Firmware programming in C and script programing in Python;
- Familiarity with revision control (SVN or Git) and PLM systems;
- Strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Proven ability to communicate technical information clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A technical background in power distribution systems, metering & billing;
- Experience with ultra-low power electronics including power optimization both in FW and HW;
- Experience with various standard interfaces such as DDR4, Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, PCIe and NVMe;
- Experience using Solidworks;
- Experience with numerical and data analysis using Matlab, Octave or Excel Visual Basic;
- Experience dealing with standards such as IEC 61010, FCC, CE;
- Experience with RF test and measurement equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and vector signal analyzers;
- Understanding of energy harvesting technologies;
- Experience with procurement, supply chain, or manufacturing, management.
How to Apply
If you are interested in making a difference in the world, with a talented and passionate team, working on interesting problems, while making some serious equity in the process, let us know.