What We Do.
Awesense helps electric utilities improve grid efficiency by finding energy losses due to theft, errors and inefficiency. These losses cost in the billions worldwide and have a significant impact on greenhouse gasses. Awesense addresses this issue with an integrated system of IoT sensors and grid analytics software that provide true intelligence into the distribution grid. Our system places a special emphasis on risk-based identification of losses, and has a proven track record cutting losses in half within 3 years. We have customer around the world using our solutions.
What You Will Be Doing.
You will be writing really good web and mobile components with code that is clean and simple even when the concepts are complex. Code that other developers respect. Code that works.
Why Join Us?
Because what we do makes a difference. We develop products that help utility companies around the world save wasted energy, reduce C02 emissions, and increase public and worker safety. We were recently awarded Smart Grid Canada's 2015 Innovation Award and BC's top emerging 'Green' Company. Gartner named Awesense a Cool Vendor in Energy & Utilities for 2016.
Who Will You Be Doing It With?
You will be part of an integrated team of software developers, hardware engineers and data scientists. As part of the software team, you will be working with backend developers, testers, and other front end developers to design, develop and deliver our next generation software as well as customize our software for global customers. You will be writing web and mobile applications that allow our customers to quickly and easily access information from our Raptor 3 devices in the field.
Front End Developer Responsibilities:
- Create properly built web applications;
- Build interactive front-end components for web platforms;
- Commit well crafted and designed code daily;
- Bring agile thinking to how you work and problem solve as well as how you work with your team;
- Design and build web application "plumbing";
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, data scientists, software testers, and software developers;
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to design, test, and ensure a well designed system that make our users' jobs easier;
- Participate in planning how we bring our designs to life and participate in daily scrums;
- Bring ideas to improve our software through your exploration and reading of new technologies and techniques;
- Other duties as part of a small software team to deliver a quality product.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or outstanding self-taught ability;
- 4+ years experience developing clean, properly built, well designed web and/or mobile applications;
- Experience with Node, Ruby, AngularJS and modern JS libraries;
- Experience with various support tools such as Git, CI, and Grunt/Gulp;
- Some experience with databases.
Compensation package includes salary, comprehensive benefits package and equity.
How to Apply
If you are interested in making a difference in the world, with a talented and passionate team, working on interesting problems, while making some serious equity in the process, let us know.