What We Do
Awesense helps electric utilities improve grid efficiency by finding energy losses due to theft, errors and inefficiency. These losses cost in the billions worldwide and have a significant impact on greenhouse gasses. Awesense addresses this issue with an integrated system of IoT sensors and grid analytics software that provide true intelligence into the distribution grid. Our system places a special emphasis on risk-based identification of losses, and has a proven track record cutting losses in half within 3 years. We have customers around the world using our solutions.
What You Will Do
You will be part of an integrated team of software developers, hardware engineers and data scientists. You will be developing and executing advanced data processing and performing analytics for our TGI software platform.
Why Join Us?
Because what we do makes a difference. We develop products that help utility companies around the world save wasted energy, reduce C02 emissions, and increase public and worker safety. To date, we have saved our customers over 1TWh of energy, and in-turn mitigated over 700,000 tons of CO2 being dumped into the atmosphere. That's the equivalent of removing 148,000 cars from the roads!
- Developing robust data pipelines that transform and analyze data
- Writing queries and integration scripts that provide data services to analysts and data scientists
- Validating, estimating, and handling errors in data
- Scoring and managing data quality across the data lifecycle
- Supporting data discovery, data mining, and benchmarking of large data sets
- Supporting business intelligence and data visualization applications
- Document your work, in code comments, wiki documents, and customer-facing specifications
- Experience and strong interest in data transformation, processing and data analysis
- Proven SQL capabilities
- Scripting and/or programming capabilities
- Hands-on data mining, profiling, quality scoring, and analytics experience with large datasets
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
- Data discovery - finding new insights in related data sets
- Data cleansing - providing estimated data and other advanced cleansing techniques
- Experience with mapping business needs to engineering systems
(But don't let this stop you from applying - if you don't have these skills... we still want to hear from you!)
- Knowledge of the electrical utility sector (bonus points if you have experience in power distribution systems, metering & billing or related topics)
- Experience with data visualization and design using and implementing visualization tools like Tableau, D3 or Qlikview
- Experience working with GIS (Geographic Information System) data and/or tools
- Software development experience in one or more languages such as Python, Java, C#
- Hands on experience with ETL tools
- Experience in statistical analysis
How to Apply
If you are interested in making a difference in the world, with a talented and passionate team, working on interesting problems, while making some serious equity in the process, let us know.