When we began Awesense, the biggest problem that we had was obtaining data. As an industry we’ve had SCADA systems for many decades, and AMI was just starting to be deployed. Now, AMI is has nearly 60% penetration in the United States, but we’ve seen that this does not solve visibility issues across the distribution grid. AMI and SCADA combined still leave a lot of complicated assets between the substation and the residential, commercial, or industrial meter to monitor and understand. Within this area, visibility is virtually non-existent.Continue reading “Sensors for the distribution grid: Could we get to a $99 grid sensor and what impact would that have?”
Industrial and Commercial Energy Use
Energy usage in industrial and commercial sectors is becoming increasingly scrutinized. The US EIA stated in the International Energy Outlook Report that the industrial sector consumes about 54% of the world’s total delivered energy. And there are no plans to slow down. Energy consumption in the sector is expected to increase from 222 quadrillion BTUs in 2012 to 309 quadrillion BTUs in 2040.Continue reading “Industrial and Commercial Energy Use Optimization”
- Corporate Sustainability Report: 2020
- Digital Workplace: Cleantech Culture Series, Vol. 1
- Microgrids: Clean Energy Basics Vol. 1
- Awesense Deploys Its Digital Energy Platform To Accelerate V2G, Storage And Microgrid Integration With Northwest Utility.
- UOC and Awesense, winners of the Tech&Climate challenge to measure and reduce the environmental impact of the technology sector
- Opening the doors to digitalization: Awesense partners with Nexxlon & Industriepark Werk Bobingen
- Sensors for the distribution grid: Could we get to a $99 grid sensor and what impact would that have?
- Awesense and Kitu Partner to Accelerate DERMS Deployments
- Industrial and Commercial Energy Use Optimization
- Situational Awareness - Value for Utilities