When we began Awesense, the biggest problem that we had was obtaining data. As an industry we’ve had SCADA systems for many decades, and AMI was just starting to be deployed. Now, AMI is has nearly 60% penetration in the United States, but we’ve seen that this does not solve visibility issues across the distribution grid. AMI and SCADA combined still leave a lot of complicated assets between the substation and the residential, commercial, or industrial meter to monitor and understand. Within this area, visibility is virtually non-existent.Continue reading “Sensors for the distribution grid: Could we get to a $99 grid sensor and what impact would that have?”
Tied to resiliency
Solar, smart-inverters, EVs, micro-grids. Bigger, more extreme storms and forest fires. Some of these solutions – some problems in the modern grid. Utilities are now faced with the need to build resilience against an uncertain future.
Utilities are making lengths to improve infrastructure and operational technologies to deal with these problems. But one thing is often overlooked when looking at resilience – situational awareness.Continue reading “Situational Awareness – Value for Utilities”
- Sensors for the distribution grid: Could we get to a $99 grid sensor and what impact would that have?
- Awesense and Kitu Partner to Accelerate DERMS Deployments
- Industrial and Commercial Energy Use Optimization
- Situational Awareness - Value for Utilities
- Building a Reliable and Resilient Grid
- Operational Technology and Internet of Energy Integration - Importance for Utilities
- The importance of Connectivity, Topology and GIS Accuracy for Utilities
- Data Governance & Data Quality for Utilities
- How can utilities increase productivity by x10 with LEAN distribution management?