Quality Assurance & Customer Success Specialist
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Awesense helps electric utilities modernize their grid through our cloud-based grid analytics platform, True Geospatial Intelligence (TGI). Our goal is to transform the planet into one that is fueled by modern, reliable and clean energy.
This position offers the opportunity to work in the rapidly-developing smart grid and energy analytics sector. There is an incredible opportunity to join and grow with us as the market expands in the near-future. Utilities use our platform to modernize their grid, reduce energy issues, detect outages and optimize operations.
We are looking for a talented tech-savvy customer success specialist to join our team and help us with our mission. Your time will be split between supporting the engineering team [with quality assurance and testing], and as a customer success specialist.
This position will give you the freedom to work in a fast paced technology startup. The opportunity will be available for you to grow with the company and transition to many different roles such as hardware engineer, software engineer, product management, customer success manager, etc.
- Test & debug technology products using debugging tools before they are deployed live
- Assure the quality of products is up to company standards
- Monitor active projects to ensure uptime & performance is met
- Report and document technical issues via bug reports
- Promptly respond to customer enquiries
- Monitor customer IoT deployments
- Drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers by understanding their personal needs and helping them succeed
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy, and in collaboration with other members of the team
- Participate in business requirements and functional specification design early in the development lifecycle process
- Research and bring new ideas and technologies to the table, and foster a culture of innovation and continuous best practices
- Be the voice of the consumer
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative and detail oriented
- Positive attitude, empathy, and high energy
- Comfortable in a startup environment, where we move quickly and wear many hats in an ever changing environment is a must
- Ability to self-direct work and manage time accordingly.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications
- Knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing
- Experience with manual testing web application
- Strong customer-facing and communication skills
- A desire to work in clean energy
- SQL knowledge & experience
- Experience with Zendesk
- Previous QA and technical support experience or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/engineering or related field
- Knowledge of basic electric power physics
- Knowledge of the electric utility industry
- Knowledge of clean energy and/or climate change
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience (and stock options), with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in energy and help save the world from climate change!
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- Our office is located in Mt. Pleasant and easily accessible via transit.
- We are currently working remote due to Covid-19. We prefer those who will be able to work at our Vancouver office in the near future, however we are open to applicants working permanently remotely (you must be legally entitled to work in Canada and permanently reside here).
- Awesense is an equal-opportunity employer, and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, genders and ethnicities.
- Only principals, no recruiters or agencies.
- Must have legal entitlement to work in Canada.