Frontend Engineer (React)
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Frontend Engineer (React) – Vancouver, Canada
Only principals, no recruiters or agencies please.
Must have legal entitlement to work in Canada.
Awesense helps electric utilities modernize their grid through our cloud-based grid analytics platform, True Grid Intelligence (TGI). Our goal is to transform the planet into one that is fueled by modern, reliable and clean energy.
This position offers the opportunity to work in the rapidly developing smart grid and energy analytics sector. There is an incredible opportunity to join and grow with us as the market expands exponentially in the near-future. Utilities use our platform to modernize their grid, reduce energy losses, monitor every electron on the grid, detect outages and optimize operations.
We are looking for a frontend engineer to join our team to help us with our mission. Even though most of your time will be spent on client side code development, we strongly encourage every developer to get familiar with how our server-side code works and get their hands on it when needed.
- Working effectively with a high degree of autonomy in collaboration with other members of the team.
- Work cross-functionally with team members from design, backend, hardware, data platform, data science, etc.
- Think of all aspects of the development process: feature performance and user experience, code maintainability, and consistency, reusability of code units, etc.
- Participate in business requirements and functional specification design early in the development lifecycle process.
- Research and bring new ideas to the table and foster a culture of continuous best practices.
- Implementing functional, unobtrusive and intuitive user interface.
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas.
- Proficiency with React and experience with other web frameworks/libraries.
- Familiarity with
server-sidelanguages like Python and Scala.
- 3-5 years of work or equivalent experience.
- Experience using a version control system such as Git, understanding of deployment pipeline
- Experience with ES6, Event Driven Programming, CSS modules.
- Ability to write reliable, well-tested code, specifically unit and regression tests.
- Experience with mobile development is a plus, especially React Native.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Leaflet, Open Layers, D3, Highcharts, etc.
- Knowledge of database design. Experience with PostgreSQL or Hadoop is a plus.
- You’re interested in mentoring – as our teams grow, you’ll help nurture and guide incoming developers.
- Knowledge of energy/utilities, machine learning, data analytics is a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience (and stock options), with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- Ability to work from our office in Prague (including a place to sleep) just about whenever you want.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in energy and help save the world from climate change!
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- Our office is located in Mt. Pleasant and easily accessible via transit.